Tuesday was the most magnificent of days!!! It got up to 23 degrees Celsius—amazing! That’s around 73 degrees Fahrenheit I believe. I wore a skirt, it was lovely!
I actually went to the mall for a little bit on Tuesday- Mercedes drove me out there and while she went grocery shopping I stopped in a few shops and picked up a few cute shirts, you know… something to remember
I wanted to take Robert and Mercedes out to eat at least once while there- as a token of gratitude for being such amazing hosts! So we went down to this little restaurant by the port and had lunch. Mercedes ordered fish and the whole thing was placed in front of her- head and all… yikes! I wanted to eat something typically Spanish so I asked what I should have (with the exception of fish) and Robert suggested two different dishes. I decided on more breakfasty-looking one and
was slightly surprised to receive a hamburger patty (with no bun and no toppings), a fried egg and French fries… I suppose it’s sort of like eggs, sausage and potatoes… sort of… it was tasty regardless and we enjoyed a nice lunch by the port.
After lunch we all, myself included, took part in the wondrous Spanish tradition of Siesta. There really isn’t anything like a little nap in the afternoon in the warm weather with the windows cracked after a nice lunch… ahhhh.
Kim was coming in tonight, so I had busied myself some trying to find us something fun to do to welcome her to
Mercedes, being the cute grand-mothery figure she was prepared a bag of dinner for Kim and I, including pizza sandwiches that she heated up in the oven, fruit, donuts for desert and muffins to take to the party to share. J She even put it in a nice paper bag because the plastic bag was too tacky. So cute!!
Timing was perfect and Mercedes and I pulled up to the station just as Kim’s bus was pulling in. Emily walked up about a minutes and a half later. Mercedes took Kim’s bag and Kim, Emily and I and the food headed off to Emily’s for the evening. We drank wine and ate food (Emily and a friend of hers were making food as well) and chatted in French with her Belgin roommate, Julien, and in English with everyone else while Spanish chatter surrounded us. Once again, Kim and I had found ourselves in the middle of an international soiree. There was Diana, a Spanish friend of Emily’s, Guandi, the German roommate of Emily and Julien, another Spanish guy who was a friend of Julien’s, and Philip, a German friend visiting Guandi. Julien and his friend went to bed around
midnight, having things to do early on Wednesday morning, and shortly after the rest of us all went out to a local bar to have a few rum and cokes before ending the evening with a walk by the Sea.
Kim and I headed home late that night with the intention of heading into Malaga Wednesday morning, going to Granada on Thursday and hiking with Emily and visiting a couple of smaller Andelucia villages on Friday… plans had been made throughout the course of a fun night!

Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire