We slept in some and had a leisurely morning that, of course, included fresh bread from the bakery. Pain au Chocolat et Amondes is my personal favorite here—it’s bread that’s kind of like a croissant, with chocolate in the middle and covered in a glazed almond sauce with sliced almonds. YUM!
Eventually the beautiful blue sky lured us away from the apartment (Us = Michelle and Andrew as they both had spent the night after our Wednesday night of fun). Michelle actually had some work to get done so she headed towards home and Andrew and I met up with Kim. The three of us gathered the cheese we had, picked up fresh bread (we eat a lot of bread here), bought a couple of apples and a bottle of wine and headed to the Parc de la Tête D’Or.
This lovely park is just on the other side of the Rhone from the Croix-Rousse, so we walked there in the sunshine and found a place to lay the blanket, set up my iPod travel speakers and Andrew’s iPod, and proceeded to picnic in the park. A picnic in January?? Indeed!! And while it was just a tad chilly (around 40ish degrees Fahrenheit), it wasn’t too bad and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
After taking lots of pictures and eating lots of bread, cheese, (and the charcuterie that I had been given the previous night from work), we packed up our picnic and wandered the park for a short while. By this time the sun was setting and we were starting to get cold, so we headed in the direction of the exit, stopping only to feed (and chase) the geese that live in the park.
We went back to Kim’s place for a lovely cup of tea and then Andrew and I headed back to my place as I had a little work to prepare for the next day. The three of us met up once more for some MORE live music!! How lucky was I that I’d get to see live music twice in two nights after searching for it for so long. This time it was an English woman who sang and played the keyboard. She had a decent voice but I think she needed a little more backing her up- even just a little drumming or something would have given her a more complete sound. But not bad- it gave the bar a nice ambiance and, meeting up with Kim’s boyfriend and two of his French friends, we had a nice leisurely evening.
For pictures on Wednesday night and Thursday's picnic click here.
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)

2 commentaires:
that's fantastic
I love eating bread and cheese in France. I found all parts of it to be some of the best walkable, wandering areas I have ever been.
It will be 40 here this weekend! Maybe I'll have a picnic...
Enregistrer un commentaire