mardi 27 janvier 2009

Annnnnd I'm a Sap

I chose to finish off my night with a movie- it'd been a decent enough day, got some dancing in at the school again (with my baby crowd of lyceeans [highschoolers] watching at the end) and I bought my tickets for Malaga, Spain today!!! (With help from a wonderful mother who helped me through frozen credit card issues... ick)

I decided to watch The Tigger Movie- my sister's suggestion :) Tigger does happen to be my favorite Disney character. In truth, Regan suggested the movie a while ago and I'd been putting it off a little because I'd seen it before, and to be honest, it's a little sad. Tigger gets all lonely because he doesn't have a family and then he goes looking for them all sad and depressed in the middle of winter... I was afraid it would touch home just a bit too well, lol. But since I'd been feeling better lately I decided to go for it all the same. And I'm proud to say I made it all the way to the end without tears... well... until they rolled the credits...

Sunny days and starry nights
And lazy afternoons
You're countin' castles in the clouds
And hummin' little tunes
But somehow, right before your eyes
The summer fades away
Everything is different
And everything has changed
If you feel lost and on your own
And far from home
You're never alone, you know
Just think of your friends
The ones who care
They all will be waiting there
With love to share
And your heart will lead you home

Funny how a photograph
Can take you back in time
To places and embraces
That you thought you'd left behind
They're trying to remind you
That you're not the only one
That no one is an island
When all is said and one

If you feel lost and on your own
And far from home
You're never alon, you know
Just think of your friends

The ones who care
They all will be waiting there with love to share
And your heart will lead you home

There'll come a day
When you're losing your way
And you won't know where you belong
They say that "Home is where the heart is"

So follow your heart
And know that you can't go wrong

If you feel lost and on your own
And far from hom
You're never alone, you know
Just think of your friends
The one who care
They all will be waiting there
With love to share
And your heart will lead you

By Kenny Loggins

Now you tell me you wouldn't shed a couple tears!!!! Ok… so I’m a sap… runs in the family ;)

And for your viewing pleasure:

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

one can def. be rudolph! come visit and we can name all of them! and when/why are you going to spain? and with whom? ... im calling you tonight!