jeudi 15 janvier 2009

A Good Day

Today is a good day.

I got up, showered and whatnot, left for work. Had a nice, leisurely train ride and walk to the school. I taught two classes, taking a break to work on some lesson preparation and eat lunch in between. Then I went to the spectacle répétition (rehearsal for the semi-lame teacher dance show that we'll be putting on for Carnival in March). This woman who is leading it is SO into it! She takes everything so seriously. I think she resents it that I haven't been there for all the practices, but all the other teachers take so long to pick up the material I just skip 3 at a time and then come and get it all at once, haha.

Then I got a ride home from the new English teacher (the one who replaced Roger, who retired in December). She lives in Cuire, which is literally right next to Croix-Rousse. So that was wonderful because we were able to talk all the way home and get to know each other a little. She's the youngest of the English teachers and we might get to be friends. :)

Then, being a little hungry, I decided to eat a delicious PBJ with magnificent Jif Peanut Butter and tasty, fresh, French jam on perfect French bread... ahhh! YUM!

To finish it off I decided to eat some of milk's favorite cookies (the Oreo!!!) with some hot chocolate. What a splendiferous combination!!

I found out I am for sure going to Malaga, Spain and I'm rediculously phyced for it!!! I will go on or around the 7th of February and spend a week with some of the nicest people ever who will introduce me to everyone I meet as "Ann Galloway's Grandaughter", which is a wonderful and fun thing!!

And to cap off this marvelous day-- in a few hours I will be heading to Lyon's Maison de la Danse to see a dance concert by Choreographer Pina Bauche.

Life IS good!

Love and Hugs to all!!

PS- to those of you back home dealing with -40 wind chills... I am dreadfully sorry and I hope you can all stay inside in the warmth and keep yourselves out of the frigidity!!! Bundle up with a good book and some hot chocolate (and oreos if you have them!!). I'm sending warm thoughts your way!

Random fact: 40 below is the same in Celcius as it is in Fahrenheit... and -30 F = -34.4 Celcius; -20 F = -28.8 F; the equation, if you'd like it is (Degree F - 32) X 5 / 9 = Celcius

Aucun commentaire: